There are times when great developments take place in a town's history and often they are the result of the passion and dedication of an individual. Fr Patrick Brennan oversaw the building of the new church, parochial hall and was the catalyst for the arrival of the Presentation sisters to the town. St. Brigid's hall was built in his lifetime and down through the years was a National School, Community Hall, Infant School, Private School, local Drama Group HQ and home to local Gymnastics group. It was opened as a male national school in 1830 and had 52 pupils in 1834 and 46 in 1868. It was replaced by the De La Salle School in 1884. The site is now occupied by the beautifully restored Parish Centre, Aras Bhride. Aras Bhride served as the original St. Joseph's Academy, De La Salle from 1913 - 1938. Later it served as a Presentation Girls School. After that it was home for the Kildare Drama Group for a time and served as a Private School run by Mrs Reidy. In 1970’s it was used as a Church when the Parish Church was being renovated and then after a period of dereliction, Fr. Matt Kelly the then PP beautifully renovated the building. 2001 saw the extension of Áras Bhríde begin and in June 2003, it was opened to serve as Parish Centre , housing the Parish Office. Aras Bhride is used by many of the groups and organisations of the town.